Over the course of the past decade, one plastic surgery procedure stands out as the most popular option for people of all ages and stages of life — the chin implant. To some, this may seem like a surprise.
The chin implant procedure is not the most talked about plastic surgery in popular culture, but in the consultation room, more and more people are requesting this minimally-invasive procedure that produces life-changing results.
What is a Chin Implant Procedure?
The chin implant is a cosmetic surgery procedure that is sometimes referred to as a chin augmentation. During this procedure, the plastic surgeon places implants in the chin in order to enhance the appearance of the facial profile or to create lasting symmetry and facial balance.
In many cases, people opt for a chin implant procedure in order to improve their appearance, but there are some patients who have this procedure performed in order to correct birth defects or facial deformities that occurred as a result of an accident or trauma.
The Rise of the Chin Implant
Plastic surgeons began to notice the fact that the chin implant procedure was trending in 2011. Between 2011 and 2012, this procedure became the fastest-growing cosmetic procedure across all demographics. It’s rare to have one cosmetic surgery procedure be desirable amongst both men and women of all ages, ranging from their 20s and into their 60s and 70s.
Typically, there are plastic surgery procedures that are more popular among women and those that are preferred by men. In addition, there are some procedures that are better suited to those who are afflicted with the signs and symptoms of aging.
The chin implant procedure, however, defies all demographic barriers and is a favorite among all types of patients.
Several factors have contributed to the steep rise in popularity of the chin implant procedure. These are a few reasons why more patients are requesting the chin implant procedure:
- The increased availability of injectables has made the chin implant procedure a more successful plastic surgery. Injectable fillers, like BOTOX® and Juvederm®, have allowed plastic surgeons to customize the chin implant procedure and provide each patient with individual results. In addition to inserting the chin implants, the surgeon may opt to use injectable fillers to finalize the patient’s new look.
- People at all stages of their career realize that their appearance is critical to their success. Whether an individual is just beginning their career, or they are hoping to redefine their professional lives later in the game, they know that they need to look their best and feel confident at the same time. The chin implant is a minimally-invasive procedure with a quick recovery time that can offer dramatic results.
- More people have to work remotely, and they know that they need a defined, professional look when connecting with professionals on a video call. Particularly during the past year, when most people worked exclusively on video conferencing apps like Zoom, it became apparent that appearances matter. Even the best filter cannot fix a distorted appearance on a video call. Plastic surgery procedures, such as the chin implant, are designed to provide people with a balanced appearance and a strong facial profile. The goal is to achieve the best possible look for the individual patient, and as a result, people enjoy a boost in confidence that allows them to perform better at work.
Why Should You Have a Chin Implant Procedure?
There are many reasons why you might want to consider having a chin implant procedure performed by a qualified plastic surgeon, such as Dr. Weniger. Here are a few to consider:
- The chin implant procedure will provide you with a strong, defined facial profile and will improve your facial symmetry. Whether you feel that you have a weak chin, a recessed chin, or an imbalanced facial profile, a qualified plastic surgeon can create a customized plan for your chin implant procedure that rejuvenates your look and provides you with the results that you have been craving.
- The chin implant procedure is less invasive than other cosmetic surgery procedures, but it is uniquely designed to significantly improve your appearance. For some people, the idea of enduring a significant cosmetic surgery procedure in order to change the way they look is not worth it. However, the chin implant procedure offers a brief recovery period that is not excessively painful. In addition, it has the power to redefine your appearance and give you a new look that you can love.
- The chin implant procedure can be customized to appeal to the needs of any type of patient. Young people often opt to have the chin implant procedure performed in order to improve their professional appearance and prevent the early signs of aging, which often begin at the jawline. Older adults prefer the chin implant procedure because it can effectively reduce the signs of aging and allow them to enjoy a fresh, new look during their next stage of life.
- Chin implants are made from safe, synthetic materials that feel natural and offer superior results. You do not have to worry that you will have adverse side effects or an allergic reaction to the material that the chin implants are made from.
- The chin implant procedure is a short surgery that lasts anywhere from one to two hours. Depending on the work that will be performed during your surgery, you may require twilight anesthesia or general anesthesia. Your surgeon will provide you with detailed information about your surgical plan.
- The initial recovery period lasts only a few days, and most patients experience mild pain and some swelling. The swelling can take time to fully subside, and most patients are able to see their full results within four weeks.
Due to the fact that the chin implant is soaring in popularity, many plastic surgeons now offer this procedure to their patients. As a result, it’s important to select a qualified surgeon who has been perfecting the chin implant technique for years. Dr. Weniger has long been an expert on chin augmentation, and he can provide you with the precise, personalized results that you deserve. With Dr. Weniger on your side, you will emerge from your chin implant procedure with a strong profile and a balanced face.
For more information about the chin implant procedure and why it’s the best option for you, set up a consultation appointment with Dr. Weniger today.